1. It’s time, it’s time, it’s ice bar time! The most wonderful time of the year may have just passed, but that was 2012. This is 2013 and the Bedford Village Inn is prepared to bring more joy to town when it hosts its third-annual Svedka Ice Bar, which is scheduled to be open nightly, from 5:30-10 p.m., Tuesday, Jan. 29 through Saturday, Feb. 2. Enjoy carefully crafted ice sculptures, live music, great company, hot food and cool drinks at this once-a-year event. Check out images of last year’s event here, and get more information on the upcoming festivities by clicking here.
2. Run for Office! The window to get your name on the ballot for the upcoming local muncipal and school district elections is quickly approaching. Residents interested in serving Bedford in public elected office will have from Jan. 23 through Feb. 1 to sign up. Get more information on the eight open positions here.
3. Learn to ski or ride for free! First-time downhill skiers snowboarders receive a free learn to ski or snowboard lesson, free equipment rentals a free beginner terrain lift ticket at many New Hampshire ski resorts from Jan. 12 through 18. First-time cross country skiers receive a free learn to ski lesson, free equipment rentals a free trail pass. Participants must register with Ski NH to download a Learn to Ski Ride Free coupon, then make a reservation with one of our participating resorts. For more information, click here.
4. The weatherman says … Today’s forecast, obtained through Weather.com, calls for a mostly cloudy day with plenty of wind. The high temperature is forecasted at 41 degrees with a 20-percent chance of rain during the day and a showers likley at night.
5. Planning ahead. The Bedford Planning Board meets Jan. 14, at which time business includes an application for phase 1 of a planned commercial development to clear, grade and stabilize property at 213 South River Road.